Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Experiment in Commentary

The "Comments" section of a blog have lots of potential roles it can fill. I have been thinking for a few weeks now about the best thing to do here, and have decided I want "Comments" here on the Circular Ruins to have these characteristics:
  • I have no problem at all with comments expressing views differing from mine
  • but, I am not providing a sounding board for propagation of ignorance
  • This blog will not be a place for obscenities
  • I don't need to respond to all comments, but I would like to respond to many
  • I really want to hear your views and ideas, both about the contents of the posts and about anything else on your mind
  • I do not want anyone to feel embarrassed or hindered in expressing their views
So, I will attempt an experiment, to accomplish those points:
  • All posts will have commenting enabled
  • No comments will show up on the blog. I will read them, but they will not be visible to others.
I look forward to incorporating your ideas in my future posts, and to composing posts responding to differing views etc. Please let me know what you think of this, and please use it, as I value your comments.

No comments: